Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Waddling along!

Lots going on this past week....trying to accomplish as much as I can as the weeks move along!

Last week I completed my hospital pre-registration and met with the anesthesiologist to fill out all the paper work for my epidural.

I had a 32 week growth scan (ultrasound) and we got to see our little peanut again!  He is measuring perfectly at 4 pounds, 1 ounce.  If he stays on the same growth track that he's been on since 20 weeks, the doctor predicts he will be about 7 1/2 pounds at birth.  His head is still up so we need to pray that he flips in the next few weeks.  The doctors say they are not concerned until I reach 36 weeks so we have some time, but sooner rather than later is always good!

Two of the pictures from the ultrasound....first one is a great profile with his mouth open, second one is a profile again but he looks like he's making duck lips....we're thinking a definite Kolb nose too!



Friday night, after my ultrasound, Jim and I headed to King of Prussia for dinner and some early Christmas shopping. 

Saturday night we finally got to have a camp out in the backyard with the boys.  They were so excited!  I even spent most of the night with them...ended up back in my bed by 5:30am!






Sunday morning Jim made these......YUM!!!  I had a small piece of one, since I have to watch my sugar and they are delicious!!!


Jim has been busy working on making a loader bucket for his tractor.  (And by made it, I mean he actually designed and built it from pieces of metal and stuff!)  He finally completed it this weekend!  So proud to have such a talented husband!!!


Monday morning I had my 32 week doctor appointment..  I had other errands I planned to do afterward before I had to pick Jacob up from school but of course nothing got done because the doctor was 45 minutes behind!  I hate when they make you wait 45 minutes for a 5 minute belly check!  Regardless, baby is measuring exactly where he should be and he has a strong heartbeat.

Lots of stuff going on this week.  Hoping to work on finishing my hospital bag this week so that is one more thing I can check off my to-do list!  I've been working on freezing meals for dinner after the baby comes too!



How far along? 33 weeks
Maternity clothes? Same as usual
Sleep: Thankfully Jacob is up to letting me nap in the afternoon while he plays!  Still ready for bed pretty early at night too
Best moment this week: Seeing our little boy on the ultrasound!  Next time we see him should be when he is born!!!
Miss Anything?  Not being so tired all the time.
Movement: Getting more and more noticeable….waiting for him to flip.  Right now his head is still up.  Dr. said he still has time, but we’re getting close!
Food cravings: nothing new
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week!
Gender:  BOY…he made that quite apparent at the ultrasound!  He wasn’t shy :)
Labor Signs: more Braxton Hicks contractions…a few a day.  Getting ready for the real thing!
 Symptoms: same as last week….plus a few bouts of heartburn :(
Belly Button in or out? Still in between
Happy or Moody most of the time
Happy
Looking forward to: finishing getting everything ready for the baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment