Thursday, October 24, 2013

TURN, BABY, TURN!!!

Yay!  9 months...we finally made it!  We are so ready to meet this new baby....but not for another 2 weeks at least!  This weekend Jim and I are going shopping to finish getting all the baby items we need and try to knock out most of our Christmas shopping.  Then next week is Halloween and Trick-or-Treating so after that we will definitely be ready!

Last Thursday I went for my second Non Stress Test.  The baby was not cooperating so I ended up on the monitor for over an hour.  First he was sleeping and they wanted him moving so they gave me juice and wiggled my belly to wake him up.  Then once he woke up he was moving all over the place and kept moving away from the monitor so they couldn't get a consistent reading....I guess he showed them!  Eventually they said they had enough of what they needed and let me go home!

Friday I went into Eric's classroom to help the teacher with sight word testing.  Thankfully Eric hasn't hit that stage where it's "not cool" to have your mom help in school.  I really liked getting to know his teacher and working with the kids.  He has a great class again this year!

This is Tyler's favorite spot lately...and it is driving me CRAZY!!!  We have a chipmunk that lives under the front step and has been gathering his food for winter so he makes quite a few trips across the front step daily.  Tyler HATES the chipmunks (he's already caught 2 in the backyard) and each time he sees it through the front door he starts howling, which of course scares Jacob and I right off the couch!  Crazy Beagle!!!


 Saturday Mom and I went shopping in Exton while Jim stayed home with the boys.  He finished the table I asked him to make for the baby's room.  I wanted a small table to sit next to the rocking chair to put a small lamp on to use for nighttime feedings.  It just needs to be painted (white) but it's just what I wanted!  I love that I can make a simple drawing of what I am looking for and Jim can make it happen!


Sunday we decided to go to Valley Forge Park to walk around. The boys like going through the old cabins.  We walked pretty far...the boys had a great time "rescuing caterpillars" from the trail.   There were hundreds of fuzzy brown caterpillars and the boys didn't like to see them get run over by joggers or bikers so whenever they found a live one they would pick them up and move them to the grass!  It was pretty comical!  Jacob would run up and be the "caterpillar spy" and tell Eric where the next one was so he could pick them up and move them.  This kept them busy almost the entire walk.  I am loving spending our last few weeks as a family of 4....












Monday night we went to Jacob's school for his Back to School night.  They basically go through a quick version of their day.  During circle time his teacher explained all the academic things they are doing to get the kids ready for kindergarten.  I was really impressed with how much they are doing that align with the kindergarten curriculum.  Jacob is learning so much about letters and letter sounds and he's doing a great job with his writing.

Wednesday I went in for another Non Stress Test....passed in an hour so it wasn't too bad. Then I had my 36 week check up.  Baby is still breech and the doctor said he looked pretty comfy in there.  There is still time for him to turn, but for now I have a c-section scheduled for Thursday, November 14th.  They will continue to do ultrasounds for the next 3 weeks to check his position and will do one the morning of my c-section, just in case.   I'm going to continue to try to get him to turn, although I have decided not to try to have the doctors turn him.  There are just too many risks that I'm not comfortable with.

Crazy to think that 3 weeks from today we could be holding our new baby  boy in our arms :)




How far along? 36 weeks
Maternity clothes? Starting to outgrow most of them :) Just trying to be comfy right now!
Sleep: Daily naps when I can, sleeping ok til about 3am then have a lot of trouble falling back to sleep.  Baby wants to party in my belly at that time!  Have to discourage that soon!
Best moment this week: Walking around Valley Forge with the boys and Jim this weekend.
Miss Anything?  Walking without waddling :)
Movement: Bigger but slower movements….hard to distinguish body parts though.
Food cravings: nothing new
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week!
Gender:  BOY
Labor Signs: still just some Braxton hicks contractions
 Symptoms:  nothing new….uncomfortable, sore, tiredness, heartburn (like crazy)
Belly Button in or out? Depends on the day…it’s popped out a few times, but doesn’t stay that way.
Happy or Moody most of the time
Happy and getting impatient!
Looking forward to: Shopping for the rest of the baby stuff this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment