Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween!

37 weeks...getting closer!  This past week has been packed full of baby and holiday preparations.  I am doing everything I can to make the after-baby recovery period as stress free as possible.  I still have a list of stuff to get done, but I am confident we will be ready whenever the baby decides he is ready!  I would prefer that he decides to flip first though :)

Thursday we spent the evening cleaning up the yard and the garden for winter.  Boys were being silly in the back of the wagon!


On Friday Jacob had a field trip to Colonial Gardens.  He got to play in their play area, go on a hayride and through a corn maze.






Saturday Jim and I finished all our Christmas shopping for the boys and bought everything we still needed for the baby.  We also had a nice dinner out...probably the last dinner just the 2 of us for a little while!  The boys spent the night at Grammy and Grandpa's.  They were invited to the Mowrer's for a hayride and bonfire.  They had a blast!

Sunday we carved pumpkins and painted the green pumpkins to look like Ninja Turtles.








The boys are all ready for Halloween.  They got a treat in the mail from Aunt Caitlin this week....pumpkin sugar cookies from Cheryl and Co.  They said they were delicious!


Jacob made chocolate acorns at school the other week....hershey kisses with a nutter butter mini cookie glued (icing) to the top.  He decided to make them himself at home!


This morning is Jacob's Halloween parade at school, then Eric has his on Thursday.

I have a doctor appointment and non stress test this afternoon. Praying that the baby has flipped.  He seems to be in a different position than last week, but I'm not sure that he is head down.  My guess would be he is sideways (transverse).  Any movement in the right direction is progress though!



How far along? 37 weeks
Maternity clothes? No change, still wearing the last few things that fit and trying to be comfortable.
Sleep: Exhaustion has set in….I guess that means the end is near!
Best moment this week: Last date night out with Jim for a while! 
Miss Anything?  Energy and my shoes!  Sneakers and slippers are the only shoes I have that don’t make my feet hurt!                                                                                                 
Movement: I can feel more stretching than anything...anxious to see if he's moved at all.
Food cravings: Jim pointed out that he’s never seen me eat pop-tarts before while I was eating one for a snack this weekend.  I don’t usually but for some reason they have been one of my favorite snacks lately.  And I bought Chocolate peanut butter ice cream this week….my favorite!
Anything making you queasy or sick: brushing my teeth…again!
Gender:  BOY
Labor Signs: some stronger contractions…nothing else new
 Symptoms:  exhaustion, sore everywhere, getting impatient now that we are a few weeks away.
Belly Button in or out? It’s out a little bit but not noticeable through my shirts :)
Happy or Moody most of the time
still happy and getting impatient!
Looking forward to: Trick or Treating with the boys! (and sharing their candy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment