Wednesday, August 28, 2013

3rd Trimester!!!

Yay!  I finally made it to the third trimester....3 more months to go!!!  We have finally started working on the nursery and other baby stuff.

Last week I made 20 burp cloths...my hope is that since I now have plenty of absorbent burp cloths ready, this baby will not spit up at all!  Crossing my fingers!!!


I also made a blanket to go in the baby's car seat.


Friday I had to go in for my three hour glucose test.  It wasn't too bad...I survived!   I was glad that Jim took the day off of work so we could spend the rest of the day together with the boys. We went to Red Robin for lunch and shopping in Exton. I bought fabric for the curtains in the nursery and Eric found sneakers for school.

The doctor called on Monday and told me all but one of my numbers came back fine, so I DON'T have gestational diabetes, but I do have to watch my sugar intake....no more cookies, lemonade or ice cream :(  I also have to go once a month for blood work.  Could be worse....though I am now looking into alternatives for ice cream since that's all I want to eat this pregnancy.  At least I only have 3 months left!

Saturday was Arts and Crafts Day at Vincent Church.  The boys took the tractor to ride in the tractor parade!



They also liked riding the bumblebee ride and seeing the animals...of course the favorite was the turtle!



Saturday we worked on taking everything out of the nursery and Jim sanded and finished the floors on Sunday and Monday.  They look great!  Hoping to paint this weekend!  We picked out a light gray color for the walls and the trim will get a fresh coat of white, as well as the baseboard heater covers.


Monday we spent the morning at Manderach Park with lots of Eric's friends.  He had a blast with all his buddies.  They are looking forward to being able to see each other every day at school next week, even though they aren't in the same class.  
  
Tuesday night we went to the Reading Phillies game with the fire company.  We sat in the left field picnic area which meant our food was included.  The boys loved the nachos and cheese!  We had a great time!







How far along? 28 weeks  ~ Baby is the size of a large eggplant.
Maternity clothes? no new clothes, but I bought a belly support band that has been wonderful for my sore back and legs 
Sleep: Still getting a stiff neck and sore hips from sleeping on my side. Tried going back to using my pregnancy pillow and so far it's working better than the body pillow.
Best moment this week: Finishing the floor in the nursery
Miss Anything?  Nothing this week
Movement: Baby is getting more and more active.  Can feel movement on the sides of my belly…Jim has been able to feel him more and more.
Food cravings: ICE CREAM!!!  Trying to find an alternative since I have to cut back on the sugar :(
Anything making you queasy or sick: Brushing my teeth…wondering if this is going to continue through the entire 3rd trimester like it did in the 1st.
Gender:  BOY
Labor Signs: No noticeable contractions this week
 Symptoms: tiredness is starting to return
Belly Button in or out? In between now
Happy or Moody most of the time
Happy
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound on Friday and seeing the baby again!  Let's hope my placenta has moved up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment