Tuesday, September 3, 2013

School has started!!!

Our summer vacation is officially over!  We had so much fun this summer as a family of 4.  It's hard to believe that next summer we will have a 7 month old!!!

The boys have been watching American Ninja Warrior on TV.  Its a competition where these people try to complete this intensely crazy obstacle course.  Eric decided he would try out his own version of the "Spider Wall".  He had a training session with Jacob to teach him as well!  Jim was very proud....not so sure how I feel about it!





On Friday I went for my follow-up ultrasound to see if my placenta moved up.  It did so everything is good!!!  The tech measured the baby and took some pictures. She said he is measuring perfectly....and has a normal sized head!!!  This is a picture of his face and arms/hands.  You can see his 2 eyes, nose and mouth, kind of looking at you.  Then his left arm is like a shadow and his hand is making a fist.


Over the weekend Jim painted the nursery.  We love the gray color on the walls!




Jim also helped me clean the living room.....moving all the furniture to vacuum underneath!  It was like Christmas under the couch!  This is actually ridiculous because I do this at least monthly!  There was even one of the dog's toys under there!!!




Sunday we went to French Creek to hike around the lake with Eric's friend Ryan and his family.  I took my camera along but never got it out to take pictures!  It was a little muddy...which Jacob loved!  Instead of finding ways to walk around the mud, he went out of his way to walk through it!  His legs were covered in mud by the end of the hike!  They had a blast though!
 
Monday Jim put the crib together and even though it's early I couldn't wait to put the new bedding in the crib!  We also hung the curtains that I made.  Last week I made 2 changing table pad covers too.  I was able to buy fabric for 2 covers for less than it cost to buy 1 cover.  They were pretty simple and I think they turned out pretty well!  Now I need to figure out what I am doing for a rocking chair and wall decorations.




We also took the boys to see the Disney Planes movie on Monday afternoon.  It was packed in the theater!!!  Apparently Labor Day is a big movie day...who knew... I thought it was a big picnic day!   The movie was cute though!

Tuesday was the first day of school.  It wasn't as hard to get up early as I thought it would be.  Eric was excited to start, even though he said he would like 2 more weeks of summer vacation!  



It's so hard to believe he is in 2nd grade already!!!!  I can't wait to hear how his first day was when he gets home.  Tonight we get to go to meet Jacob's new teacher for Pre-K.  He starts on Friday!












How far along? 29 weeks  ~ Baby is the size of a large butternut squash.
Maternity clothes? nothing new….looking forward to cooler weather so I can wear some different stuff….getting bored with my summer clothes 
Sleep: sleeping ok some nights.  Getting more tired in the afternoon
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby on the ultrasound and finishing the painting in the nursery and putting the crib together.  Can’t wait to start decorating and finish getting everything set up!
Miss Anything?  Nothing this week
Movement: Baby is active.  Can feel him from the outside a little more each week, mostly just on the sides though.
Food cravings: ICE CREAM!!!  Found a lower sugar version that’s not too bad! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: The bad gag reflex when brushing my teeth is back in full force…ugh!
Gender:  Still BOY….we had them double check at the ultrasound!
Labor Signs: A few Braxton Hicks contractions this week.
 Symptoms: Feeling HUGE!  Getting more tired during the day.
Belly Button in or out? Still in between
Happy or Moody most of the time
Happy
Looking forward to: Getting into a new routine for the school year, and having time to get stuff done during the day when the boys are at school.


No comments:

Post a Comment