Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Getting closer!!!

10 more weeks!!!  Time seems to be going so fast!  Even though I know we are doing great getting everything done, some days I feel like I need to step it up and start accomplishing more to get ready for the baby and life after baby.....like Christmas shopping, stocking up on groceries and freezing some meals for when I don't feel like cooking.

Things have been pretty quiet with Eric at school all day.  The first day Jacob seemed pretty lost.  We spent lots of time playing games and legos together to pass the time!

Here is Jacob waiting for Eric's bus to come home on the first day of school!

We picked our first pumpkins from the garden this week.  No big ones, but we're happy we have any at all!  The ones we picked are just the right size for decorating the front step!


I'm working on wall decorations for the nursery.  I made these owl pictures from a pattern I found on Pinterest.  Jacob even worked with me and made his own owl, which he turned into a stick puppet....which lead to making other stick puppets and putting on a puppet show!!!


We also hung a shelf above the changing table for the Scentsy elephant and a cute "peanut" frame that my Mom bought.  Hoping to add some other decorations on and around the shelf as well.


Friday was Jacob's first day of Pre-K.  He did awesome.  The first day was just a short day, only 1 1/2 hours and the parents stay at the school to go over all the paperwork and information with the director.  



Saturday I went to get a manicure....so nice to do that every once in a while.    Saturday night Jim and Eric went to the Phillies game.  They had seats 8 rows behind the home dugout!!! I was pretty jealous :)  Eric had a great time and loved sitting so close!  He said next time he wants to sit in the very first row....keeping dreaming buddy!!!



While they were at the Phillies game, Jacob and I had a low key evening with Grammy and Grandpa.  We had a campfire and just hung out!

Sunday we had dinner at Seven Stars Inn to celebrate Mommom Kolb's 80th birthday.  I think she was surprised and everyone had a very nice time.  I made a tree and every one filled out a leaf with words we thought of when we thought of Mommom.  We made her read them at the dinner and guess who wrote what.  Not surprisingly, many people wrote their favorite foods that she makes!




This coming weekend is busy with the fire company community day on Saturday.  I am hoping to get the house decorated for fall this week as well!  I love having the house smell like fall!!!


How far along? 30 weeks- baby is 3 pounds now!!!
Maternity clothes? excited to be wearing some of my fall clothes since the weather has been cooler.    
Sleep: so tired at night….falling asleep pretty early.  Jim says I snore :)
Best moment this week: Celebrating Mommom’s 80th birthday with the family at Seven Stars.
Miss Anything?  Sweets!
Movement: No change….some times his kicks can be pretty hard, but still not feeling nearly as much as I did with Eric and Jacob
Food cravings: nothing really this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: This week was pretty good!  No gagging :)
Gender:  BOY
Labor Signs: nothing new
 Symptoms: tiredness is back in full force, though I can get through most days without a nap, crazy pregnancy brain.... if I don't write something down, I do not remember it!
Belly Button in or out? Still in between
Happy or Moody most of the time
Happy
Looking forward to: Putting out fall decorations and pumpkins!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment