Wednesday, August 7, 2013

15 more weeks!

15 more weeks until we meet our new baby!  When I think that I have just under 4 months, it sounds like a lifetime away, but for some reason when I think about it in terms of weeks it sounds like it's coming so quickly!!!

Last week was very much the same as every other week this summer.  The boys do great when our schedule is the same from week to week.  We spent last Wednesday at Kimberton Park with Eric's friend.  The boys had a blast playing hockey on the deck hockey court they have at the park.  We also met the same friend and ran into another boy from their class at the township playground on Monday. 

This past weekend Jim just about finished building the desk for the boys' room.  It turned out awesome.  I can't wait to get it put together in the bedroom.  The stools, like the shelves on the walls will be painted navy blue.


The plan for this weekend is to paint and put together the bunk beds from Uncle Roger and Aunt Debbie and then work on hanging all the stuff back on the walls.  I think the boys are getting excited about moving in together. 

Saturday we took the boys on the trail through the Mack Property.  It was starting to get dark so we were able to see one deer....probably would have seen more if it weren't for noisy boys!



Tuesday night we went to a local church for "National Night Out".  The fire company takes a couple of their trucks and the smoke house trailer.  They also did an extrication demonstration.  The  boys thought they were so cool getting to sit in the fire truck to watch the demonstration.  There were quite a few kids that were pretty impressed that their daddy was a firefighter!  It was cute to see how proud they were of their Daddy!



This morning Jacob and I made zucchini muffins....for us and Grandpa!  While I was washing the baking dishes I ended up slicing my finger on a knife on the bottom of the sink.  It didn't seem like a deep cut but it wouldn't stop bleeding.  I ended up calling Jim at work and he reminded me that it would probably take a while due to me being on the blood pressure meds....didn't even think about that!  It ended up stopping about a 1/2 hour later, but still hurts :(  Needless to say I decided just to load the dishwasher instead of washing the rest of the dishes by hand!




How far along? 25 weeks
Maternity clothes? some of my tops are starting to get a little short with my expanding belly.  Can’t wait for the cooler weather so I can start wearing some of my fall maternity clothes.
Sleep: still getting up at least once a night….and having some pretty crazy dreams
Best moment this week: Feeling accomplished since I was able to get up in the attic to organize and go through all the baby stuff!
Miss Anything? Energy!
Movement: Feeling lots of movement on the inside, some from the outside, but still difficult. 
Food cravings: Water Ice, Ice Cream and Watermelon (not all at the same time though!)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Doing pretty well with this! 
Gender:  BOY
Labor Signs: Had my first Braxton Hicks contraction this weekend…no pain, just uncomfortable.  
 Symptoms: backache, fatigue, hot all the time!
Belly Button in or out? Still in
Happy or Moody most of the time
Happy
Looking forward to: Starting on the nursery!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment