Wednesday, July 31, 2013

6 months!!!

I can't believe there are only 6 more weeks until school starts and 16 weeks until this baby is here!  We are working hard to get everything ready while still trying to make time to enjoy the rest of summer vacation!

Last week we spent our days at the pool and the playground.  Thankfully the weather has cooled down a little bit so it's not so unbearable to be outside.

Friday I went to the doctor for my 24 week appointment.  She said everything is looking great.  I was measuring exactly 23 weeks, 2 days!  She assured me that she rarely sees a patient whose placenta doesn't move up by 28 weeks and was able to get a heartbeat on the doppler on the first try, which she said was a good sign that my placenta has already moved.  I will still go back for another ultrasound to check at the end of August.   In addition I will get to have another anatomy scan at 32 weeks because I am on blood pressure medication.  I had one with Jacob and by then you are really able to see facial features....it's really cool!

Friday night we headed out to the Kimberton Fair.  The boys were excited to watch Uncle Zach in the log sawing contest and see the fireworks.  Jacob was tired and complained that his stomach hurt on the way there.  When we got out of the truck he was still complaining his stomach hurt and warned us about one second before he threw up all over the walking path to the fairgrounds!  When Jacob heard me call Mom to come get Eric he got upset and said he felt so much better and he really wanted to go to the fair.  Thankfully he was right, he was perfectly fine and enjoyed the night at the fair and watching the fireworks.  Still have no idea what was wrong with him, but thankfully  no one else got sick! The boys played the ring toss game and ended up winning 5 bottles of soda!





Our garden is still doing great!  We are overloaded with tomatoes and our indian corn and pumpkin plants are getting really big too!  We even have one little pumpkin started!




Saturday Jim worked most of the day on the shelves for the boys' closet.  It turned out great and there is even more storage space than I expected! 


 Sunday we laid the new carpet in the room and picked up these cute storage cubes for each of the boys.  I have to come up with some way to monogram them so the boys know whose is whose.



Sunday we went to Chili's for an early dinner and surprised the boys by taking them to see the movie Turbo!  They were so excited and loved the movie.




How far along? 24 weeks
Maternity clothes? yep, no change here
Sleep: still sleeping pretty well at night, except getting up at least once.  Getting tired of sleeping on my side…my shoulders are starting to get sore!  Trying to lay down for at least a ½ hour every day to recharge!
Best moment this week: Family night with Jim and the boys  on Sunday…dinner at Chili’s and going to see Turbo in the theaters.
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach!
Movement: Baby is moving a lot more….still hard to feel outside, but kicks are getting stronger.
Food cravings: Still loving the watermelon!  We’ve gone through 3 in the last week….keep them coming Dad :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Jacob getting sick on the way to the fair didn’t sit well, but I don’t have to be pregnant for that to make me queasy :) 
Gender:  BOY
Labor Signs: Hopefully not for a while!
 Symptoms: tired, achy
Belly Button in or out? Still in
Happy or Moody most of the time
Happy this week!
Looking forward to: Working more on the boys' room and getting finished!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment