Tuesday, July 2, 2013

20 down, 20 to go

We've made it halfway!  The past 20 weeks didn't go quite as slow as I thought they would.  Now lets see how quickly the next 20 go.

Not too much going on this past week.  We were pretty lazy, just relaxing at home and getting ready for our 4th of July weekend at the cabin.

The boys have been obsessed with this movie:


They saw a preview for the sequel and want to see it when it comes out so we rented the first one from the library.  They have probably watched it 10 times in the last week.  

Saturday we spent the morning pressure washing the house....I helped, but there's no pictures :)  The afternoon was spent relaxing at Mom and Dad's pool.








Monday was our 20 week ultrasound. The baby is doing well, measuring exactly as it should be.  I did find out that my placenta is anterior but it is low lying, which means it is covering a portion of my cervix.  Nothing to worry about yet, but I will have to go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks.  The doctor said most of the time it will move itself up, but it is something they need to monitor.  With my placenta being anterior I will not feel as much movement as I did with Eric and Jacob.  During the ultrasound the baby was moving all over the place, but I didn't feel much of it at all.  Disappointing to know I won't feel the baby move as much, but at least we know everything is going well.



Lots of baking to do today to get ready for the cabin....we leave tomorrow!  Looking forward to the trip, but not the 3 1/2 hour car ride....This will be our last vacation before the baby comes.  I can't take sitting in the car that long anymore.




How far along? 20 weeks.  The baby is the length of a banana
Maternity clothes? yep, no change here
Sleep: having trouble getting comfortable already
Best moment this week:  Seeing the baby on the ultrasound!
Miss Anything?  My pre-pregnancy body and not feeling achy all the time :)
Movement:  some days I feel more movement than others.
Food cravings: ice cream, anything sweet….trying to limit myself though!
Anything making you queasy or sick: getting better, thankfully!
Gender: It’s a secret!!! I’ll announce on here next week!!!
Labor Signs: Hopefully not for a while!
 Symptoms: achy and tired
Belly Button in or out? Still somewhat in….for now!
Happy or Moody most of the time
I’ve had my share of cranky days :)
Looking forward to: Telling everyone if we are having a boy or girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment