Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Feeling accomplished

This past week we worked hard on getting the boys' room finished.  On Saturday Jim altered and painted the bunk beds and sanded and painted the shelves and stools.  Even Eric helped with the sanding.  Jim got a picture of me "helping" too.  That chair is so comfy!!!




 By Sunday everything was ready to be put in the bedroom.  I am so happy with how it turned out!



I expected their first night to be a little rough, especially getting them to go to sleep, but they were out in no time.  Probably due to this.....


 The boys have been spending so much time in their new room....they love creating at their desk!

 Yes, Jacob is wearing his Spider-man costume.....no explanation for that one :)

While Jim and I were working this weekend I set our old tent up in the backyard for the boys to play in.  I even packed them a lunch so they could have a picnic.  They had so much fun "camping".  I wish we could take them camping this fall, but I am way too uncomfortable for sleeping on the ground!  





I haven't been able to get excited about using the same crib bedding that Eric and Jacob used.  Even though it still looks like new I was just tired of it.  I found an affordable bedding set online and it came in over the weekend.  It is adorable...I am loving all the baby stuff with owls on it. 


My plan for the nursery right now is to paint (ok, Jim will paint) the walls gray and make yellow/gray curtains and bring in the aqua color with some accent decorations. 

Now that the boys' room is finished it is time to start cleaning out Jacob's old room and start on the nursery.  Jim is going to refinish the hardwood floors and paint before we can put the crib together.  I am excited about getting started but first we are taking a much needed break from the projects and spending the day in Lancaster this coming weekend...just the 2 of us.  It will be nice to relax and recharge before jumping into the nursery! 



How far along? 26 weeks
Maternity clothes? still fitting in them, though they are definitely starting to get tighter :)  I bought 2 new shirts and a couple pairs of capris for when the weather gets cooler....hopefully that will be soon!
Sleep: I’ve been having trouble falling asleep, even though I’m so tired. 
Best moment this week: Finishing the boys’ room!
Miss Anything? My old body!  This baby belly is taking it's toll on the rest of my body!
Movement: Getting easier to feel baby kick from the outside!  Hopefully that means my placenta has moved.  Will find out in a couple of weeks!
Food cravings: Nothing this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: Thinking the baby does not like pizza.  I had it for the second time in the last 2 weeks and it really upset my stomach...probably just the grease but think I'll limit myself for a while.
Gender:  BOY
Labor Signs: A couple more Braxton Hicks contractions this week
 Symptoms: so HOT all the time, backache, just getting really uncomfortable
Belly Button in or out? Still in....
Happy or Moody most of the time
Happy
Looking forward to: Much needed time away with Jim this weekend….heading to Lancaster on Saturday. Thanks Mom and Dad for keeping the boys :)


No comments:

Post a Comment