Wednesday, November 6, 2013

2 weeks to go!!

Wow....only 2 weeks to go!  Though I am exhausted, I think continuing to stay busy has made the time seem to pass more quickly.  I am hoping this coming week is our last busy week.  I am hoping to make next week a relaxing one.

Last week we celebrated Halloween.  Jacob had his Halloween parade for preschool on Wednesday.  They paraded around the classroom then sang a couple Halloween songs.






Thursday I went into Eric's class to help with his Halloween party and parade.  They decorated their own cupcakes, played a few games and then had a school-wide parade outside.



We went trick-or-treating to family on Wednesday night and through the neighborhood on Thursday night.  The boys got a TON of candy...we'll be eating it until Easter at least!!!  They had a blast!  I was so proud of Jacob for using his manners while trick-or-treating through the neighborhood.  He only took 1 piece of candy from the bowl that was offered and always remembered to say "Thank You".  I was worried he would be one of those kids that takes a big handful of candy!  Of course I wasn't worried about Eric, he knew the drill!




Here are the finished Ninja Turtle pumpkins the boys painted using the green pumpkins that grew in our garden....such talented boys we have!



 Saturday morning we took the boys to the Movie Tavern to see Free Birds.  They got to order breakfast.  The kids love this theater!  The movie was really cute too.



Saturday afternoon we finished setting up the living room to get ready for the baby.  We brought the cradle down from the attic and set up the swing.   We are ready!!!

Sunday night we had dinner at Mommom Kolb's to celebrate Matt's birthday.  Next year we'll be celebrating the new baby's birthday as well!

Monday and Tuesday, Eric was off from school for in-service.  Jacob had school Monday, so Eric and I went to the library and ran some errands in the morning.

Tuesday was voting day so the boys wore their "Vote for My Grandpa" shirts and we went to the firehouse to vote.  We had lunch with Jim in the afternoon and then met Eric's friend at Manderach park.


This morning I had my 38 week OB appointment.  Good news was they did another ultrasound to check baby's position and he is still head down so my c-section was cancelled!!!  Bad news was my blood pressure was up and I had protein in my urine so I had to go for a non-stress test.  I already had one scheduled for right after anyway.  They checked my urine again and said it was only trace amounts of protein which wasn't a huge deal and my BP was back to normal after only 15 minutes.  I've had a headache through the night from my allergies so I am guessing that had something to do with my higher blood pressure.  Because of all this though I now have to see the doctor and go for NSTs twice a week....ugh!  At least we only have 2 weeks left.  I'm still not dilated at all, so hopefully something will start happening sooner than later!



How far along? 38 weeks
Maternity clothes? Same old, same old
Sleep: exhausted…napping most days.  Sleep is difficult at night when you have to get up to use the bathroom 2-3 times. Insomnia between 2-3am each morning…not fun!
Best moment this week: Movies with the boys this past weekend. Only a couple more weekends as a family of 4. 
Miss Anything?  Not being pregnant :) So ready to be able to feel normal again!  
Movement: lots of movement everywhere…
Food cravings: Nothing this week….seems like everything gives me heartburn!
Anything making you queasy or sick: still brushing my teeth…ugh!  1st trimester nausea has come back….I gag really easily at different smells.
Gender:  BOY
Labor Signs: more contractions each day, lots of pressure
 Symptoms:  same as usual….tired, sore, backache, heartburn, sciatic nerve pain
Belly Button in or out? It finally popped!  Wish it was like a turkey timer and I would be done!
Happy or Moody most of the time
still happy and getting impatient!
Looking forward to: a relaxing two weeks before my due date….not making any plans from here on out!



No comments:

Post a Comment